The following was developed from some of the most frequently asked questions at the ROW Adventure Center.
1. What is the weather like in Spokane and Coeur d'Alene?
Summer is great for recreation with many mountains and lakes nearby. Many people confuse this area with Seattle/Portland type weather where it constantly rains. Spokane and Coeur d'Alene boast 260 sunny days out of the year and the average annual rain fall is just 16 inches! The average temperature in July is 83 degrees F.
Winter days are often foggy and the average temperature in December is 35 degrees F. The average snow fall is about 46 inches a year in lower elevations. The near by mountains are great for the skiing and snowboarding season.
2. Is the water cold in the lakes and rivers?
During the summer both the lakes and rivers warm up nicely and are very pleasant especially with the warm sun and beautiful blue skies!
3. What activities are there for families with children?
The ROW Adventure Center welcomes families of all sizes! Some activities have minimum age requirements but most kids can go Spokane rafting, Coeur d'Alene kayaking, biking, hiking and fly fishing with us. These activities help kids get outside, play and truly explore the Spokane/Coeur d'Alene region!
4. Can my pet come along?
This largely depends on the "pet" and activity. Please call us and we'll see what we can do.
5. Can we just rent bikes, kayaks, rafts or SUP boards from the ROW Adventure Center?
We do have SUP Board Rentals but for now, we only provide guided tours with our bikes, kayaks and rafts. In the future and if the interest is strong, we will consider developing a rental fleet.
6. Are there beaches in the area or other places to swim?
Coeur d'Alene has a big beach and park where travelers and locals flock to daily. It's just a couple blocks west of the ROW Adventure Center!
The Spokane River has a few parks up and down the river where people swim, rock jump and have lunch. A few of the popular ones are: Minnehaha on Upriver Drive, Riverside State Park, and Sullivan Park in the Spokane Valley.
7. How long has ROW Adventures been around?
1979 was our first guided trip! The founders and owners still today, Peter Grubb and Betsy Bowen, have been guiding trips for over 30 years.
8. Where can I park in Spokane at the Adventure Center?
There are a few options. You can park on the road. The meters are 2-3 hours during the day. After 7:00pm street parking is free. There is a Diamond parking lot (pay per hour or per day) across the street from the Adventure Center in Spokane and another a block away. Diamond Parking Lots generally cost between $3-$7 per day.
9. Where can I park in Coeur d'Alene at the Adventure Center?
There is FREE 2 hour street parking all over Downtown Coeur d'Alene. There is also a parking lot at the Coeur d'Alene Resort that is free for the first 2 hours and then a slight charge for each hour after that. Lastly, you can park about 4 blocks north of the Adventure Center on the street for free. Just look for the signs!
10. Is there a "Hotel Pick-Up Route" in Spokane?
Currently we run 2 central pick-up locations.
1) The Davenport Hotel -- If you are staying at the Davenport, Hotel Lusso, Hotel Murano, or the Theatre District downtown, your pick up location will be at the Davenport Hotel.
2) Red Lion Inn at the Park -- If you are staying at the Red Lion Inn at the Park, Oxford Suites, or Holiday Inn Express, your pick up location is at the Red Lion Inn at the Park.
All other hotels in Downtown Spokane are easy walking distance to the Adventure Center where our journey will begin!
11. Can I get discounted Silverwood tickets with you?
Yes. When you choose one of our Silverwood packages, the tickets included in the package are at our discounted rate.